- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4-1/2 cup Sorrel Pesto (recipe below)
- 4-6 slices of thinly sliced prosciutto
- Pepper, to taste
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a sharp knife, slice into one side of the breast, starting at the thicker end and ending at the thin point. Be careful not to cut all the way through to the other side.
- Open the sliced chicken breast. Spoon desired amount of pesto into the center of the butterflied chicken breast and spread it so it is evenly coated. Then, fold your chicken back over.
- Wrap 2-3 slices of prosciutto around each chicken breast. You can secure your wrapped chicken with toothpicks.
- Drizzle olive oil on the bottom of an oven safe dish. Carefully place the wrapped chicken breasts on the greased dish and tuck the wrapped prosciutto neatly underneath the chicken
- Lightly drizzle olive oil over the tops of wrapped chicken breasts. Season lightly with pepper.
- Place chicken in preheated oven and bake until chicken is cooked through and prosciutto is crisp, about 30-35 minutes.
Sorrel is a hybrid herb and vegetable. It looks like a lettuce, but has a lemon taste to it. It can be used as a salad green and is perfect for this sorrel pesto.
- 2 cups loosely packed sorrel leaves
- 1/3 cup almonds or walnuts
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2-2/3 cup olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
Blend all ingredients in a blender or food processor and you’ve got Sorrel Pesto!