These amazing “cheesy” kale chips are a healthy and tasty treat that the whole family will enjoy!
To make the Cashew “Cheese” Sauce
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 4 T olive oil
- 2-3 T lemon juice
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup water to adjust consistency
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- Place all the ingredients into a food processor or high speed blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add water until you get the consistency of a cheese sauce.
- Adjust seasonings to taste.
To make the Amazing “Cheesy” Kale Chips
- Cashew “cheese” sauce
- 1-2 bunches of kale
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Cut away and discard inner rib from each kale leaf.
- Tear or chop leaves into pieces, roughly the size of a chip.
- Wash the kale pieces and dry thoroughly. You can use a salad spinner or dry with paper towels.
- Place kale pieces in a bowl. Pour cashew “cheese” sauce over kale pieces. Massage kale until fully coated with sauce.
- Spread kale pieces evenly onto a baking sheet.
- Bake 25-30 minutes until crisp – flipping the chips over half way through.